The Georgia Teacher Academy for Preparation and Pedagogy (Georgia TAPP) is a classroom-based teacher preparation option for individuals who have the basic qualifications to teach early childhood, middle-grades, secondary or P-12 education but have not completed a teacher preparation program. The program is not intended to replace regular college teacher education programs. It is, instead, an alternative option for individuals who hold a bachelor’s degree or higher but did not complete teacher education requirements as part of their degree programs. Georgia TAPP equips teacher candidates with the skills to ensure a reasonable expectation of initial success in their classrooms and puts in place a supervised candidateship/induction program that will help them move toward subsequent mastery of teaching.
The application process is listed below:
- Have a job offer as a beginning teacher in a NWGa RESA member System (The System’s HR Director will
recommend candidates for GaTAPP)
- GaTAPP application must be completed and returned to you HR Dept for signatures.
- Acquire required documents listed on the candidate checklist and submit to NWGa RESA
- Register for the Program and submit payment
- Make arrangements to attend The Essentials of Effective Teaching Class
*Must be register for the classes listed below after creating/updating your Northwest RESA profile.
- Comprehensive TAPP Registration
- Essentials of Effective Teaching
- Introduction to Educating Exceptional Children and Youth